Amarillo IV-A Child Support

Did you know that the Texas Family Code is gender-neutral? This means that regardless if you are the biological mother or father, you are required to follow the court orders to provide financial support for your child’s welfare. Did you also know that even without possession or visitation rights, the biological or non-custodial parent is still obligated to follow child support orders set by the court?

There are many misconceptions regarding child support, and as a custodial parent, it can be overwhelming to full grasp its laws in Texas. Still, you do not have to go through raising your child alone. The Warner Law Firm strongly believes that through government offices and proper legal representation, you can maneuver through child support laws and be more financially independent in taking care of your family.

What is IV-A Child Support?

In this type of child support, the State of Texas is already providing public assistance such as Texas Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) food benefits or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program to the custodial parent. The type of subsidy or assistance varies on a case to case basis.

At the same time, the OCSE* will immediately handle the case in order to collect child support from the delinquent or absent non-custodial parent. This is also their way of collecting reimbursement for all the expenses paid for by the government and the custodial parent that should have been covered.

As the custodial parent, you are not required to hire an attorney. However, if you want your case to be processed immediately, you need a legal representative who can easily take care of paperwork, communicate with the court and police, and lobby for your cause assertively, but still professionally.


Mike Warner understands the need to secure a steady source of financial support for your child. If you are a single, custodial parent, life can be tough on your, especially on your bank account. This is why you can be assured that when Mike accepts a child support case, i.e. Title IV-A, he always aims to settle disputes and claims as fast and as favorable as possible.

Call The Warner Law Firm today for a Free Consultation and learn more about how we can help you improve your family’s financial security through proper child support. We currently serve residents in the Amarillo and Panhandle, Texas area.

*The Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) is an office of the United States government that enforces works hand in hand with states and local governments, including the State of Texas, to ensure proper child support is being given and received by parents despite living in different households.

Call Mike Today @ (806) 553-2994